Sunday, April 27, 2008

easter with the family

sunday was easter. one of the largest, if not THE largest holiday in greece. i spent it with my cousins and grand ma.


following in her great older cousin leo's footsteps, this one is a goof ball. here name is selini. named after my grandmother. my sister is named after the same person (as is my other cousin). greeks have certain naming conventions that result in everyone sharing a set of 10 common names.


me and my other cousin elpitha. she is named after her grandma (my aunts mother)

my easter lunch. feta cheese, potatoes, salad, and lamb.


on easter, its a tradition to dye eggs red and then crack them on eachother. you obviously want to have the hardest egg that cracks the others without getting cracked. mine failed of course (i believe my grandma won). i hated this tradition because it required that you eat the egg after, which i dont like to do.


here is most of the fam. starting counter clockwise from 12oclock, is vesca (my grandma's nurse), my aunts uncle, my aunts mother and father, my grandma, and cousin.

1 comment:

ZY said...

Is it a Greek tradition for the unmarried to make (arguablly) funny faces in front of a camera?