Tuesday, May 6, 2008

my stroll with yiayia

my third to last day in greece had the best weather i had seen. i thought it would be nice to take my yiayia for a nice long stroll throughout the town. she agreed and steered me along. at first i didnt know where we were going until i discovered she was taking us to her friend's houses.

here you can see my grandma with Aunt Lefteria, at a home that has been in the family for a long long time. So long that my great grandmother used to live here.

here is a closer shot of my yiayia and grand aunt.
Uncle Lefteri and this tractor (i believe is the one) had a rough past. about 15-17 years ago, a young kid was biking past the tractor when he fell right under it. needless to say, it crushed him.
here is my grandma's dog Eira. He has lost his bark and currently lives at my grandmothers house all alone. Apparently the entire neighborhood play a role in feeding him (these have been neighbors for decades).
here is my grandma's house that will likely be torn down in the coming months for my uncle to build a new home. that tree is one of the largest trees in town. so big that it has become landmark to people in the area (im told).

No comments: